This year, the Squamish Community Foundation (SCF) distributed $66,000 in Annual Grants and $3,000 in scholarship funds.
The SCF was able to offer enhanced Annual Grants funding for 2021, thanks to a contribution from the District of Squamish through the Province of British Columbia’s Safe Restart Program for COVID-19 Response and Recovery projects.
Annual Grants are aimed at supporting community projects in Squamish in the following categories: health, social development, youth, music, environment, recreation, and arts and culture. The SCF also manages grants from the Ron Anderson Memorial and R.W. McIntosh Memorial Scholarships for local graduating secondary school students.
Below are the 2021 Annual Grant recipients and their projects:
- Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Centre of BC – Squamish Community Suicide Prevention Training Project
- Easter Seals Camp – Camp Squamish, Weekend Family Sleepover Camp
- Garibaldi Highlands Elementary School PAC – GHE Grow Outside (Outdoor Classroom)
- Howe Sound Women’s Centre – Youth-Led Peer to Peer Education
- KidSports Squamish – So All Kids Can Play
- Our Squamish – Squamish Friendship Benches
- Sea to Sky Community Services (Child Development) – Child Development Team Respite Funds
- Sea to Sky Community Services (Infant Development Program) – Tummy Time Education
- Sea to Sky Community Services (Youth Services) – Pride Club
- Sea to Sky Invasive Species Council – Citizen Science, European Green Crab Early Detection and Monitoring for Howe Sound
- Squamish Climate Action Network (CAN) – Edible Schoolyard Projects
- Squamish Helping Hands Society – Squamish Meals on Wheels
- Squamish Off-Road Cycling Association (SORCA) – Squamish Nation Youth Mountain Bike Program
- Squamish Seniors Centre – Seniors Arts Program
- Squamish Welcome Centre – Making the ‘Welcome Centre’ Welcoming (Space Re-Organization Project)
- Ron Anderson Memorial Scholarship: Maya Southam
- Robert W. MacIntosh Scholarship: Brighton Gaddes
Applications for Annual Grants are accepted during April and May each year and are reviewed by an independent Grants Dispersal Committee.
Interested in applying for a grant? We have a range of grant programs available throughout the year. Visit our website for details.